Tuesday, December 02, 2008

What a difference a year makes...

I keep checking my blog to see if anyone has updated it and since no one has since September 24, I guess I better get going!

I love this time of year! Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday! No expectations...just family, good food, games, fun, football. You don't have to worry if you have the scariest costume, or the cutest...you don't have to worry about having the perfect present...it's the best day!

For me, it is that time of year I begin to really reflect on what has happened in our lives over the past year. And...wow...what a year!

This year, I am so very thankful for so many things! Roy and I have been blessed with good jobs and though he has to work so hard, he hangs in there. On that awful day in April, the Lord reached His hands down and held Emily's head after a serious accident. In May, my dad's "normal day" turned into a 5-bypass operation. In August, Christine was about at the end of her rope. But, as always, God is faithful and blessed her with some relief. And though she continues to deal with so much, she is so much better and able to be a mommy to our little guys! I have been struggling with some health issues, but again, He is faithful to me and I am so blessed!

The best part, though, is watching these 2 little guys grow up!
jack and sam in church

Jack is 4 and just amazes me all the time. I know...I'm the Mimi and I'm supposed to say that, but he really does! He has begun to read and it is like an adventure wherever we are! No matter where we are, he wants to know "what it says". I love that! When Christine couldn't do anything but lay on the couch, she was reading with her boys and you can tell! He loves his family and his friends, especially his friend John. They are definitely 2 peas in a pod! On the day he was born I told him I loved him more than the sunshine and have told him that everyday since then. He now shares that with others and it is just so precious! The sunshine cannot hold all the love I have for my Jack!

Sam is moving right along...literally. On the move...constantly. And so cute when he says "want that". He is still a little guy but he doesn't think so! I love how when you walk in the room, here he comes! Always has a cuddle and a giggle. He loves his big brother and they love to be together. I remember when Sam was so tiny and Jack was so afraid of him - didn't want to touch him. Now, they are buddies. I knew this day would come...and it is so sweet.

We also are missing our other grandsons! But, we are excited that we will see Jackson and Logan at Christmas, and just can't wait! Our time together will be precious, as it is way too long between visits! We are hoping to see Zach and Jacob in the summer - they, too, are growing way too fast!

Emily seems to be enjoying her job with the JPS Health Network...and Miss Lily is still our only granddaughterdog! Brad just finished his second season coaching football at Liberty Christian. They made it all the way to the semi-finals this year and it was just so much fun to be a part of that again.

I pray that as this holiday season unfolds for your family that God will bless you with all that you dream of. I especially ask you to join me in remembering those in need, as well as those who are serving our country in the military who won't be spending the holidays with their loved ones.

No matter what gifts are under your tree, there is no gift that can come close to the one our Father gave us so many years ago in Bethlehem. Jesus' birth was an event that changed the world...and the celebration of it now can do the same.

Happy Holidays...be blessed!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I always love your heart and spirit! Love you!

Giggi said...

They look so big in that picture! We are so blessed! Glad you updated & shared your thanksgiving blessings with us!

Kristen said...

thanks for that! You are too sweet and have such a sweet family!
May God bless your holiday season!