Monday, August 17, 2009

A Tale from Seussville...

Waiting for weeks for the big celebration...when everyone finally got back from vacation. The party was planned, with so much to do...to celebrate our sweet Thing 1 and Thing 2!
jack reading

For Jack who turned 5 and Sam who turned 2, this was more than the regular hoop-de-doo! Now Jack, he loves the Cat in the Hat...and really, what could be better than that! And for those who love Green Eggs and Ham...we have the real Sam-I-Am!

Who would have thought with all there was to do...mommy would have time to find THE cake for Thing 1 and Thing 2! (and boy, was it yummy...for all of our tummies!)
cake 2

Thing 1 and Thing 2 arrived in style...with a hand-me-down jeep, and tons of great smiles!
riding in

From Spiderman to Seuss, the pinata changed in a flash, too! Aunt Whitney and Shelby knew just what to do! Swinging at it as it turned round and round...the best part about it was when the candy hit the ground!
pinata

Sack races and baseball, who needs more than that....
sack races
nathan and sam

Except for maybe...a visit from the Cat in the Hat!!!!
cat in hat

With our friends and family, we celebrated the fun...and then when the party and eating was done...
aunties
jack and john 2
3 girls
jared and sam

We sat back and smiled and realized how true...we are so very blessed by Thing 1 and Thing 2!
jack sam seuss

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great post, you fun grandma, you! It was a fun party for Things 1 and 2! :)

Giggi said...

It's been awhile since I've been to blogville! Didn't know what a special Suess story I was missing! You really need to make that into a book (or two) and save it for them! Hope you got your copies of the pictures I had! It was a special day!

Kari said...

Great looking party! I cam e across your blog while searching for thing 1/thing 2 ideas for my twins upcoming first birthday! Do you have any closer pictures of the blue cakes? What did you do for the frosting? They would make the perfect smash cakes I'm thinking! :)

Unknown said...

The bakery used a tip which made almost grass like icing. It really resembled their hair. Great smash cake idea! I'll see if I have a better picture and post it soon!

Crafty Mom^2 said...

Same here. I am planning my twins 2nd birthday, and came across your site. I love what you did! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your invitations? Thanks!