Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

matt and christine wedding

Wow! It is so hard to believe that today is Matt and Christine's 5th Anniversary. No one could have known all that would happen in those five years, but one thing is for sure...in a world where a vow is easily broken, these two have lived their vows in ways we could have never anticipated! That was such a fun time for all of us! Yes, I admit, it was a little over the top, but we were celebrating so much more than their marriage...we were celebrating miracles! God had given us a miracle of Christine recuperating from a devastating illness 4 years earlier. He had brought me to work at FWC, where Matt just happened to be a Senior, the year she was hospitalized, and as Student Body President, he prayed for Mrs. Tyndall's daughter every day. Hmmm.... They were friends for the first few years at ACU, went through what they call the "awkward phase", and then, well, you know the story! They married, and then, much to all our surprise, the girl who might have trouble getting pregnant due to her health, didn't have any trouble at all! Next miracle...Jack! And then a few short years later, Sam! And through all the happiness they have had, they had experienced great suffering due to the unbelievable health problems Christine has gone through and continues to deal with.
One of the greatest miracles of all is my precious son-in-law, Matt! Christine and I have talked often about his dedication to and love for her and their family. Christine's strength has gotten her through so much and we have had to be strong for her so many times. When Matt signed on, he knew her past. He knew because he had taken her to the ER numerous times in Abilene and still, his love for her was greater than the burden of her illness. There is not a day that goes by that I do not go to my knees and thank God for Matt Pinson - and for the fact that he has honored his commitment to my daughter. I read and hear about people who desert their marriages for a lot of things, giving little thought to the fact that they stood before God and family and friends and promised not to. I am thankful for a son-in-law who made a promise and knows that a promise is for keeps. When I tell him how blessed Christine is to have such a loving and faithful husband, he tells me he is the one who is blessed. Be still my heart! And I am thankful for his family, who has taken Christine as their own daughter and loves her unconditionally.
Today, they celebrate five years and as of last night, Christine was feeling well enough to maybe go out for dinner. I prayed all night long that she would be able to!
And now, added to my prayers that the Lord will heal her, I also thank Him for the sweet little Pinson family and all the blessings they bring to each of us!
Anniversary blessings to you both!!!!

7 comments:

Chesley said...

That was so sweet! I almost cried reading what you wrote about Matt and I don't cry!!! I hope that M and C got to go to dinner and celebrate 5 amazing years. You have a special family and I am so glad for your sharing.

Blessings

Giggi said...

Crying...Such a sweet post about our sweet children. What a roller coaster they have been on. Full of blessings & hardships. We are all praying that Christine's health problems will soon be resolved & the next five years can be just plain fun! Love ya!

Kristen said...

Very sweet indeed!

Daniel and I celebrate our fifth in October :)

Kristen said...

So sweet! Our 5th was this year too! I am always praying for sweet Christine...she is precious! She has a precious family!

Shelly said...

What a sweet post. All of your families are blessings to so many!! Those boys will grow up having some wonderful examples in their lives of what a marriage REALLY is--not only from their precious parents, but both sets of grandparents as well! Love you all and keep you in my prayers---

Kate said...

I was just thinking about our little group of girlfriends and how much has changed since college. Some have had to go through hardships, and Matt and Christine have experienced so many more ups and downs than they could have imagined on their wedding day. But throughout all of that they have remained faithful, hopeful, and supportive of each other. I pray they will get to experience peace, good health, and joy in the years to come!

Lynn said...

LANDS SAKES ALIVE. Stop making me even more emotional than I am already. I am so far behind reading blogs, much less commenting. I thought of them on their anniversary and what an incredible weekend that was. The most beautiful extravaganza I have ever seen. And you made it all happen. STORYBOOK. And it still is a storybook. I pray them many many more happy years in their tale. Still praying for Tine every second! Love ya.